This exciting project included the addition of an elevator to improve the functionality of a three story townhouse for an older couple. The elevator starts in the basement garage and proceeds through the first level foyer, and completes its journey at the third level living space including the kitchen and family room. The elevator is rated up to 1,000 pounds, has a call button on every floor, and a hard-wired telephone inside for use in emergencies. In addition to the elevator installation, the foyer to the home was re-designed and expanded to accommodate for the elevator using the space that was originally the entrance.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Framing of new elevator shaft and new foyer
- Exterior siding, roofing, windows, doors, and paint
- Interior doors for elevators
- Drywall installation
- Flooring installation
- Hand rail system to match existing hand rail
- Interior trim to match existing trim
- Interior paint
- Mechanical duct relocation
- Electrical wiring for elevator and relocating existing wiring
- Elevator installation
PICTURES (click to enlarge)
If you are looking to remodel your home in Portland, Oregon contact Sitka Projects about an in-home consultation to discuss your upcoming home remodeling project.
Click the links to view additional projects recently completed by Sitka Projects:
View our online portfolio to see more pictures of Sitka Projects’ work.