The best way to describe this kitchen is to use the client’s words, “beautiful with great attention to detail.” Due to the age of the home, and size of the original kitchen, extensive brainstorming and problem solving were essential to the success of the overall project. A year prior to the actual remodel the clients began discussing options for the kitchen. They utilized the custom design phase to come up with a viable option for increasing the overall size of the kitchen. The final plan nearly doubled the sized of the kitchen by moving a wall and eliminating a non-essential stairway.
This kitchen remodel consisted of:
- Demolition of existing kitchen
- Custom kitchen design
- Framing: Extend floor in kitchen, infill exterior door at basement stairwell and add concrete stem wall, replace cedar shingles
- Drywall: Add backing drywall where needed
- Flooring: Marmoleum installation
- Quartz countertop and tile backsplash installation
- Interior Paint
- Sink, faucet, and garbage disposal plumbing and installation
- Custom Cabinetry/Trim: Cherry inset face frame style cabinet, adder style face frame construction to eliminate gaps between cabinet sections, Winchester inset doors with custom rail and stile inside profile, mounted on soft closing euro hinges, solid Maple dove-tailed drawer boxes with soft closing, under-mount guides, upper cabinets with frosted glass panels, and custom header
The clients could not tell me enough positive things about the process, working with Brad, or the final kitchen. Their happiness was apparent as they enthusiastically showed me their favorite things about the new kitchen. Peruse the pictures to see the beautiful Sitka Projects Cabinetry, custom storage solutions, and the small details that really make this kitchen look great.
(click photo to enlarge)
CUSTOM STORAGE SOLUTIONS
View more Sitka Projects home remodeling projects:
If you are looking to remodel your home in Portland, Oregon contact Sitka Projects about an in-home consultation to discuss your upcoming home remodeling project.